Musée d’art moderne et contemporain de Saint-Étienne Métropole
That's right... After the Pompidou centre, it's in Saint-Étienne that you will find the largest collection of contemporary art in France. We've already had Anish Kapoor's overwhelming red (My Red Homeland), and Jean-Michel Othoniel's bewitching wave. Doesn't that last name ring a bell? It should, he's a local boy and he's known all over the world. Behind it's peculiar all-black façade, covered with ceramic tiles that light up at night, the MAMC de Saint-Étienne has all sorts of surprises in store for you.More
Included in City Card
Period of opening
From 12/01/2022 to 31/12/2023
Opening hours on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 10 am and 6 pm.
Closed on Tuesday.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st, May 1st, July 14th, August 15th, November 1st and December 25th.
Adult: 5 to 8.50 €.
Free entry for children < 26 years.
Group rate available for > 10 people.
GUIDED TOUR 7€ - 5€
Free for children under 16, free every 1st sunday.
Methods of payment
- Bank/credit card
- Chèques Vacances
- Picnic area
- Air conditioning
- Exhibition space
- Book shop
- Car park
- Coach parking
- Private parking
- Educational visits
- Coach access
- Room hire
- Themed tour
- Set down on-site for groups
- Tourist brochures
- Tourist information
- Booking of general amenities
- Tour free of charge
- Guided tours
- Hearing disability
- Mental disability
- Accessible for wheelchairs with assistance
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs
- Reserved space 330 cm wide < 20 m from the site
- Even flooring with no obstacles
- Lift (80 x 130 cm) and door >= 77 cm
- Reception desk between 70-80 cm high
- WC + grab handle + adequate space to move
- Site, building totally accessible
- Heavy door